Parts Provenance for IP Protection & Anti-Fraud in Automotive and Aerospace MRO Business-Ready Use Cases
Secure Remote Supply Chain Management Work Solution for 2020 Supply Chain Shocks
SyncFab is launching a new feature to help OEM program managers, engineers and custom production parts buyers work more efficiently when procuring parts through our platform. This is an added feature designed to make OEM purchase managers supply chain planning jobs easier than before with greater emphasis on dynamic remote work solutions to rapidly evolving external supply chain shocks. For 2020 – SyncFab has released several major platform upgrades to date – including UX improvements to enhance ease of use, an updated MFG Wallet compatible across both ERC20 token and ERC721 tokenization in addition to new ways to generate rewards/incentives leading to unveiling the industry’s first parts tokenization feature for greater security, parts identification, transparency, and traceability.
Introducing the SyncFab Parts Library
The SyncFab Parts Library seeks to optimize the current workflow of busy procurement managers. This new feature allows procurement managers to upload anywhere from a single part to ten parts and keep these parts and subsequent versions updated in a centralized parts library.
Reorder OEM Parts Faster and more Conveniently
When uploading parts as standalone, or part of an RFQ submission, parts buyers can enable faster re-orders of parts in their library without having to submit a new RFQ and attach the same parts.
Enable Parts Tokenization for Parts Provenenace and Parts Track & Trace
Procurement managers can even have these parts tokenized. Parts tokenization enables manufacturers to have unique identifiers for parts to aid efforts in reducing fraud, mitigating recalls with track and trace, save time on regulatory requests, and greater intellectual property protection.
Part Drawings, Part Numbers, Revision History and Description Organization in one PLM for OEM Best Practices
SyncFab’s Parts PLM Dashboard is configured for OEM Parts Engineers and Program Managers to organize all relevant information pertaining to each individual part according to industry best practice including:
- Part Drawings
- Part Numbers
- Part Revision History
- Part Description
OEM Program Managers adhere to procurement industry best practices which normally include the assignment of internal part numbers which we accomodate for Buyer reference with ease via our PLM system. As all Part Program Managers are familiar an Internal Part Number is an arbitrary part number and part description that is created by the part engineer or designer to indicate the part to be used at specific locations (or reference designators) in an assembly. An Internal Part Number specifies a set of (or at least one) approved alternates that all meet the requirements of the intended use. Industry standards for part numbering vary greatly from complex to very simple starting from 1 on up. SyncFab’s PLM accomodates OEM Program Manager best practices which usually involve developing internal part numbering systems using a series of letters and/or numbers to identify component types, mounting technology, or other features they signify. OEM organizational benefits of streamlined part number system includes:
- Decreased overall project risk
- Decreased time/work involved in obtaining quotes on prototypes and finished parts
- Streamlined communication between Engineers and Suppliers for faster turnaround
- Minimizes overstock of legacy parts inventory
- Speeds the processing of design revisions and change orders
- Minimizes errors and delays when launching new product builds
Important best practices incorporated for part numbers in the PLM:
- Designating a unique part number to each part enabling quick reference and part identification along with their respective revisions.
- Avoiding duplicates and reusing part numbers consistently across designs. Where more than one assembly install reference point is contained in a part number for a given part (or multiple revisions of that part), and the same component part is used for more than one assembly or sub-assembly, that component can always be identified using the same part number. In this way part numbers need not change from design to design or revision to revision.
- For part design changes, creating an engineering change request(ECR) with a list of the changes is easier with consistent part numbers referenced in the PLM. This is much more efficient than sending an entirely new design and BOM. In this way an ECR leverages all of the parts existing documentation in our system implementing the changes more quickly.
- With Parts Tokenization enabled it allows Program Managers to mark parts according to their kitting components system for prototype runs or consignments, effectively tagging part numbers on each item according to their kit assignment. This can dramatically speed the time required to process kits. It can also ensure suppliers can process subsequent design revisions quickly and on-specification.
SyncFab PLM Parts Library is available now
To upload your parts or tokenize them, register as a buyer on the SyncFab Manufacturing Platform.
Stop Corona Virus bottlenecks in your OEM Supply Chain: SyncFab allows OEMs to slash procurement time and cost for precision parts with SyncFab’s rapid response supplier network secured by blockchain for anti-counterfeit, recalls, smart payments & more.
Let us quote your precision machined parts at no cost or obligation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SyncFab helps Aerospace and Automotive OEM Purchase Managers stay on top of their demanding production schedules while shaving their parts procurement costs as much as half off benefiting from a vetted full range manufacturing capabilities network of 1000s of suppliers. SyncFab’s network precision machining capabilities include multi-axis milling and turning, routing, waterjet, laserjet, EDM, Electron Beam Welding, punching, cutting, shearing and finishing services including anodyzing, coating, plating, polishing and more.
SyncFab also works with OEM IT Departments whose aim is to secure more of their supply chain data with blockchain for ERP module and internal reporting system integration. OEM IT Departments can use their procurement activity blockchain records SyncFab generates to complete a Turnkey Supply Chain Blockchain Proof of Concept, Custom Use Case Pilot or Program Implementation. Furthermore — SyncFab’s patent pending parts procurement tokenization solution can be used to mitigate product fraud — isolate recall cost and time using blockchain track and trace feature technology at a fraction of the cost. Finally, OEM IT and Financial departments can partner to use the industry first MFG Manufacturing Token to create custom smart contract and supplier incentive programs such as RFQ and data sharing rewards.
Calling all Local Blockchain Engineers — Talented and Eager to Make a Difference in Manufacturing? Join Us!
We are always seeking additional blockchain engineering talent. Interested in joining our team? Learn more and apply here.
Follow our official channels for the latest updates